CHILI FACTS AND TRIVIA
· A green chili pod has as much vitamin C as six oranges.
· Some cultures put chili powder in their shoes to keep their feet warm.
· The first chili cook-off took place in 1967 in Terlinga, Texas, a border town about 400 miles west of chili’s alleged birthplace, San Antonio. It ended in a tie between a native Texan and a New Yorker, but chili cook-offs are still held there today.
· Hot chili peppers burn calories by triggering a thermodynamic burn in the body, which speeds up the metabolism.
· Chili pepper color is a function of ripeness. Green peppers are usually not fully ripe and the same pepper could be green, yellow, orange, or red depending on its level of ripeness.
· The first documented recipe for chili con carne is dated September 2, 1519, according to Wikipedia.
and many more coming soon.....
Home Chili History Chili Cook Offs Recipes & Ingredients Other Fun Holidays
Marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies. © 2013 Contact us at: info@NationalChiliDay.com